Thursday, December 6, 2012

An Open Letter To Our Politicians: Let's Stop Playing Politics

TO:                 ST. KITTS-NEVIS POLITICIANS  &  YOUTHS

CC:                 ALL  CARIBBEAN  AND  GLOBAL  POLITICIANS  &  YOUTHS

SUBJECT:       Let's Stop Playing Politics

DATE:             6th December, 2012



Dear Politicians,

It is with a great inner pain that I finally pen these words with regards to our current political situation in St. Kitts - Nevis and quite similar in many countries around the globe.

During the 26 years of my life, politics was something that has always interested me. If you were to talk to my mother today, she would tell you that since I was around 10 years old, I would hold political meetings in her bedroom and I would also preach services too.

I already had a name for my political party by age 12 and the political party colour and symbol selected. As God would have it though, he wanted me in ministry, but never to be silent on the issues that matter most with regards to our youth.

As I continue to monitor the current political situation in my country, I can see that many of our politicians are very anxious for a change, anxious for a difference. It is indeed their right to express their opinions! Just like how I have the right of freedom of speech to write on this blog then blast it to thousands of individuals on my email list around the world.

What bothers me deeply though, is the fact that while we use the media houses to get vocal on issues that matter, we either intentionally or unconsciously forget to include our youth.

I follow politics not only regionally, but globally too, because I have to stay up to date with what is going on in every area where we have a Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com and everywhere where individuals have applied to establish one of our organizations or carry out on of our projects which include The Victory Centre Church -www.thevictorycentre.com . (St. Vincent, Antigua, Florida, New York, The Philippines, UK, Germany, India, Pakistan)

When there is an issue in any of these countries, it's my obligation to ensure that a member from our local head body makes contact to either encourage or congratulate or provide advice and guidance with regards to our members.

NEARLY  EVERYWHERE - we can see POLITICIANS  doing what they do best - PLAY  POLITICS. It's there game - right? I try to do a good job screenprinting, embroidering, printing promotional items through www.kvkenterprises.com because that is my game, so they have a right too.

What concerns me though, as Politicians play their game, is that very little mention is always made of the plans for youth.

I have a couple questions with regards to our local St. Kitts - Nevis Politics

1. How are we so sure that other politicians will do differently to a current regime? Suppose they do the same thing? Are they sharing what's on their minds? We had the fall of President Mubarak in Egypt, now soon after, the new leader President Morsi rose up and seems to be doing just what his predecessor did? Suppose that happens in St. Kitts - Nevis too? What are those vying for power doing to let us know they'll be different instead of just talking?

2. Will I be victimized / marginalized for sharing my opinion with a current government or a future government? Will any current or future project that I have on the table be stopped because I am vocal? Will I have to run to seek refuge in another country? Will politicians encourage their supporters to hate me and hate Dare 2 Be Different International? - a gospel group doing good to help and refusing to be silent like all the other gospel groups around the country? Does my group need to raise funds to hire a body guard for me because I'm talking out? Will I be victimized? Well, well, well, if I ever sense victimization NOW or with a future administration, the world will definitely know if Freedom of Speech has been struck down in St. Kitts - Nevis and what those in power are doing. As we will be silent no more, especially with regards to our members and youths on a whole.

3. While we talk about everything, why have I not seen or heard the plans for the youth all across the media, from those who now want power or to take over office? I want to encourage the world to log on to St. Kitts - Nevis Radio Stations Online and judge for yourselves and see what I'm talking about. It's all a lot of talk and no shouts or bellows of plans for our youths. How foolhardy of politicians to want power and not work for it.

4. Are youths guaranteed jobs - not just 10 or 20 of them? But are you honestly working on such plans - can we hear about them Politicians?

Politicians, as I face my daily pressure leading a business during economically challenging times, I am also faced with Gospel Ministerial Pressure - my sheep and those sheep, that are not getting empowerment from their GOD-ORDAINED  SHEPHERDS all across the world want jobs, need help with ideas, have dreams, need help writing business plans, need encouragement, are on the verge of committing suicide. If I put down my BB PIN: 220067D8 or stop answering whatsapp messages, do you know what many of the youths would do? They are angry inside, some are depressed and ready to give up all across the globe. My network is now filled with many global youths. Does that mean then that as I start helping them for FREE, I will have shares in 1000s of youth businesses around the globe simply because I help?


How are we so sure that this will change if there is a change of government or a change of leader? I have always told my mother that if I were to ever start a political party, I would spend several years WORKING  FOR  THE  PEOPLE  UNELECTED  to show them what I would do if I was elected.

I am even SURE - REALLY  SURE that if I were to join a political party or run as an independent, I would win my seat in an upcoming election, even if the election were on JANUARY 1st 2013. Why? Because people see, that I'm never about talk only, but they see the results around the world.

I would win it with a very small amount of campaign capital. I wouldn't distribute money to vote for me, but I'll help people start businesses, publish their books, market their albums, market their businesses, get scholarships, get business grants, get online jobs around the world, teach them computer, teach them how to turn fruits and vegetables into finished products for distribution, show them how to open online stores so they don't have to pay rent and other overheads, teach them about my Caribbean  auction site - www.caribbesales.com and how to sell online across the globe.. I'm not asking you, that's what I do with the folks who become Dare 2 Be Different Platinum Members around the globe. - http://www.d2bdifferent.com/platinummember.htm .

I don't go looking for people to join our organization and establish it across the world, they find us right here in St. Kitts - Nevis. That is a lot of marketing for our S. Kitts - Nevis and small Caribbean islands. Can I tell you that someone who follows our ministry wants a piece of land here and wants to build too.

I have already started rallying together contractors, skillsmen, architects who are apart of my Platinum Club to help the person. One contractor - I saw a gentleman let tears come down his eyes when I called him to discuss the January 2013 project. He echoed, its like your a minister of government. He was grateful that he had supported our Ministry. We really look after our folks. It is impossible for me to employ anyone in the future who doesn't support what we are doing now and we do have some very big plans.

Another client this week, having called her, said, thank you for keep me updated every step of the way on your plans, you are alot of inspiration to me. You really show me that there is hope because I was just about to give up. I'm grateful to be apart of Dare 2 Be Different.


I would therefore use that same strategy, to get our farmers exporting their produce instead of crying that they can't get them sold. Why is it that overseas organizations are finding Dare 2 Be Different International Online and asking us to start farms for our youths so that we can exporting certain organic crops to them. Can I make a call in front of you to the Vice President of that company as proof?

Why is it that Dare 2 Be Different is managing youth gospel artistes from other countries that found us on facebook - www.facebook.com/daretobedifferentskn

We are not a Political Organization - We are a Gospel Group - doing what politicians - including oppositions around the globe and in our little country, should be doing.

Youths ask me all the time if I'm running for politics because I have the ideas and I would definitely help. Have you ever visited Khrystus Wallace For Prime Minister? - www.kwforpm.com . I share the ideas there for politicians for FREE. YES FREE. Not as a consultant - but for FREE - because my ministry wants HELP for  YOUTHS around the WORLD. 

POLITICIANS - PLEASE  STOP  TALKING - Both in Government and Out - STOP  TALKING  AND  ACT - Youths are losing hope. Should I take down my webpage www.hopeisahead.com because all hope seems to be lost?


Young people, if politicians and oppositions cared so much, don't you think that they have raised enough money for their future campaigns to put aside $10,000 and sponsor $1000 to 10 young people to help to empower them to start an at home business and make some money for them instead of having them home depressed or on the street liming?

Turning the country around is a TOGETHER  THING - not a POWER  THING - but we are failing to work together!

As President of Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com, I have always contended that we DO  NOT  NEED  A  GOVERNMENT  to turn things around. If we or if politicians and oppositions rally people together and encourage them to form clubs and cooperatives and shop in bulk together, grow produce and export in bulk, bank together, countries would definitely turn around faster. Banks wouldn't get to kill people with high interest rates on small loans because they would recognize that people have a choice to borrow from their small constituency cooperative.

Honestly - on the side - our current Cooperatives are not operating like cooperatives - are they? They are more operating like banks now a days. It's not PEOPLE  HELPING  PEOPLE  anymore. I thought that but kept it silent and to myself, but when I heard a BOARD  MEMBER from one of our St. Kitts - Nevis cooperatives say that sometime back to a group of us, I then confirmed that I wasn't the only one thinking that way.

If we start Clubs or Cooperatives and pool our monies TOGETHER, that will be the only way banking rates come down and we get access to other means of funding. Don't you think I have emails of funders willing to help small businesses in St. Kitts - Nevis and accross the Caribbean. They refuse to enter this market to help a few or with a small amount, so we continue to suffer for lack of WORKING TOGETHER? Don't you think that I know how to help us work together and get fast Merchant Account Funding instead of waiting forever on bankers as small business people - but then again - THE  SYSTEM  HAS  US  GOOD  -  the system wins because we won't work TOGETHER.

That won't happen with Dare 2 Be Different Platinum Members - www.daretobedifferentskn.com though, around the Caribbean and the world. We will work together and get through. The Children of Israel had to move TOGETHER and FOLLOW  MOSES in order to get out of bondage. So you'll definitely know when a Dare 2 Be Different Member walks past you in the not too distant future. Watch and See.

SO  TOO - YOUTH, we have to STOP  THE  FIGHT  DOWN  and WORK  TOGETHER! Most politicians have their beds already made - we can't even afford good mattresses yet. Let us open our EYES.


Politicians know if we start WORKING  TOGETHER, they will have less power and the people will be more active and vocal because UNITY  IS  STRENGTH. In my 26 years, I have never seen any politician go out of their way to encourage cooperatives and clubs and working TOGETHER like they are going out of their way with regards to other issues.

Young people, please open your eyes and use your brains, don't you think that politicians, most of them have an extra piece of land or LANDS that they are doing NOTHING  WITH and they can encourage a group of us to work together and plant nuts to make peanut butter or tomatoes to make ketchup locally? Right here in St. Kitts - Nevis and across the Caribbean?

Leaders have to be thinkers, when they end their political careers, many of them have a career to bounce back on. They are doctors, lawyers, businessmen. What would you have? Use me as an example, I'm busy now enduring and establishing ministries around the world, when you check their websites, do you notice that there is a Print Shop Attached to all of them? - www.daretobedifferentkenya.com .

That means we have the potential to increase the export market and foreign capital into our Federation if we bank here. That's technology at work.

So I have something to fall back on all over the globe and my members will never be hungry around the world in future when we have so many print shops running dominating global markets and those that patiently invested early will be sure of shares and an income coming from all across the globe.

I do think like a politician. I have to build now for a future. So, when I get married, Khrystus Jr. can grow up and run the print shop in St. Vincent & The Grenadines - www.daretobedifferentsvg.com  or my daughter in Ghana - www.daretobedifferentghana.com

Who is looking out for you?

Then, one day, an investor might see what I'm doing - www.khrystuswallace.com and admire, and decide to invest in one of the countries, they are all linked back to our main branch here in St. Kitts - Nevis - www.daretobedifferentskn.com

Stop letting politicians play us - whether in POWER or OUT! Let us let them know that they MUST work for us FIRST, let us see their capability and then we will endorse and support them. I think many times they just SELFISHLY  PUSH  FOR   WHAT  THEY  WANT - at times. (WHAT  ABOUT  THE  YOUTH? NOTHING  FOR  US?)

It can be done, but everyone knows how to play their game well.

In 2010, when I invited Mr. Geoffrey Hanley, The Director of Youth in St. Kitts-Nevis to launch the Dare 2 Be Different International Mission Mobilization Project - www.mmskn.org. I was excited even in my spine. WHY? You probably ask? I was excited, because my ministry, with NO MONEY - NO RESOURCES was going to teach other youths what we know and use our skills and know how of marketing and writing business plans etc to get them funded and advertise many of them for free on our Caribbean Auction Site - www.caribbesales.com . So yes, for over two years, we've taught other youths screen printing, embroidery, website design, agroprocessing skills, desktop publishing, etc etc

Since Dare 2 Be Different International is a global ministry now, you should check my emails, my whatsapp messages, my blackberry messages, my calls in from OVERSEAS  YOUTH   ALREADY, wanting help, wanting empowerment.

Politicians - Why are they turning to US? Simply because we are doing what you are NOT doing - we are not just TALKING - we are ACTING. They need help and while we do speak out about issues that matter most, we show by ACTION that we help.

Do you know how many Young and Upcoming Youth Gospel Artistes that we are managing around the world? Helping them advertise their concerts, helping them get their own line of clothes out, helping them make links? We are not a Political Party - Just a little gospel youth group - working for them.

Do you know how many business plans for projects that we have written across the globe and gotten youths funded or approved for lands? We are not a Political Party - Just a little gospel youth group - working for them.

I can go on and on and on and on, but I do believe you get my point. Let's stop playing politics. While it is our RIGHT to talk and express our opinions, you must show the YOUTH that while you want to sit in the big seats - you have the plans and the ideas to help?

Probably I'm deaf - so I can't hear them. Youths - Can you email me a list of 5 - 25 plans that your politicians (In government and out) in your country have told you about? Can you tell me if any of them are in the works or if you are benefiting from any as yet?

Honestly Youth - Don't you agree with me that oppositions can do more to begin to help us and show us that they will definitely be working for us? They will waist thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaigns every election when some of that money could be used to start small youth businesses to put us to work - IS THAT CARE?

Honestly?

To avoid getting involved in USA POLITICS during the campaign, I wrote an article after it was announced that President Barrack Obama won another term. In that CNN iReport, I questioned the care of both the Democratic and Republican Parties in raising and waisting Millions of Dollars just for campaigns when thousands of youth and others were out of jobs, losing their homes and committing suicide from the situation. See Cnn iReport at: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-878931

Youths - Dare 2 Be Different International will be doing three things across St. Kitts - Nevis for the next election and we will spread this to every country where we have a presence.

1. We want public open, televised, radio, internet DEBATES between each constituency canditates - so we can hear them publicly state their promises for us, we can write them down and since I'm into printing, apply for permission to print and erect large bill boards in their constituencies when they are elected and we put a big TICK when they fulfill that promise. Youths - start emailing your questions for your candidates in St. Kitts - Nevis now - information@daretobedifferentskn.com (We want to be well prepared.

2. We will continue to encourage politicians to spend more time outlining the plans for the nation and ESPECIALLY the youths instead of wasting 75% of public meetings and town hall sessions bashing the other side.

3. We will be looking to see which parties and candidates are willing to work together and provide bipartisan support on issues remembering that it should ALWAYS  BE -  COUNTRY  ABOVE  SELF.

We have the Democratic Party, The Republican Party, The Labour Party as distinct bodies around the world. Having heard our views and the way we would run countries, should we then rally together YOUTH  MINDS  FROM  AROUND  THE  WORLD and form Dare 2 Be Different Parties in every country where we establish just to provide a sense of HOPE for Youth and all?

God would have to tell me to do that. Until then, Young People around the globe, please rest assured that we will continue to stand firm among other Youth Bodies around the world, as a gospel organization that will not rest with regards to HELPING AND FIGHTING FOR  YOU.

Until we begin to hear about HELP  FOR  YOUTH and SEE  ACTION from those that are not in power as yet as PROOF  that they will present better, Dare 2 Be Different will remain mum on all other issues.

Young people, next time you see a member of opposition, please ask them for help, tell me what they say so I can begin to publicize responses. Note this Youth - If Dare 2 Be Different International is running a Mission Mobilization Project - www.mmskn.org without resources and support - imagine what Oppositions can do because they have the support.

If we can do it - they can too. Don't worry, in God's time, He'll send the global support for all our programs and as a NON-GOVERNMENTAL  BODY  and NON - POLITICAL  BODY doing so much already, imagine what we'll be doing when we start agressively fund raising and getting access to grants and support.

Search "Dare 2 Be Different International" or "Khrystus Wallace" or :"Joy Codrington" or "Lemercius Wallace" or "Kerese Dias" on the internet - the four youths who started and stuck with our organization and helped us accomplish so much in 4 short years. I'm sure we've done more than what parties sitting in oppositions have done.

Youths - Demand that politicians stop playing politics with us - we are not toys. We are real people that need REAL  HELP!


Sincerely,


Khrystus Wallace, President & Founder
Dare 2 Be Different International
www.daretobedifferentskn.com

www.khrystuswallace.com

www.kwconsultingskn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment